Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's Just Called Lfe...

Life is divided into three terms---That which was, which is, and which will be.  Let us learn from the past to profit by the present and from the present  to live better in the future.
                                                                                                              ---William Wordsworth

So, found this after going through somethings this morning.
Have you ever had to 'share' rides with strangers? Well, I did for the last time this morning. This woman was absolutely out of her mind I was 'sharing ride' with today. Finally, with 2 hours with this woman's complaining, rudeness and craziness, the driver flipped out on her and threatened to throw her out of a moving vehicle!
Strange, I was silently praying during his postal rage; "Please, dear Lord, let him keep his word on this one."
Why must people be like this to total strangers? Do they forget that its legal to carry a gun with a permit? That many people, bullied, pushed to the limit has gone postal on them? What happened to; "If you don't have anything nice to say; don't say anything at all."
I swear to everyone reading this: If that driver had not flipped out on that lady, my purse was going to go swinging like David's slingshot aimed at Goliath's head in that van.
So, after 3 hours, we finally drop the witch off (yes, the one whose sister was found under the house) at her home, and he pulls over in a school parking lot five blocks from where I live. He was so off whack over this woman he needed to breathe.
I get out, smoking a cigarette,(yes, she drove me to it) and suddenly, News 4 van veers into the parking lot, cameraman and reporter jump out and I find myself staring right into the lights of a camera and a mike in my face.
    "Can you tell me your opinion about the budget cut your town; how do you feel..."
"Lady," I interrupted, puffing on the cigarette as if I was blowing up an intertube. "I don't even live in this state. But, there's this lady, right there standing on that porch; she has ALLOT to say about everything."
They zoom off around the corner to interview her. Bet they regretted it.

So, in short, what my story is trying to say is: Life is way to short to be mean, ugly, rude and crazy (they have pills for the last one). Booker T. Washington said it the best: "Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which he has over come."

I over came my obstacle this morning and didn't beat up the lady in the front seat.
Are you not proud?
Claire Benet Logan