Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Why Hate is Healthy

For those that think killing Osama Bin Laden and all the rejoicing was so awful; that we should all love each other, and not ever hate...well here is a word to the wise about this:
Hate is a natural human emotion. its a reaction to something either painful or unjustifiable.
I cannot say how I would feel if I had a child or a loved one I could not bury because of the rubble of 9/11; I know I would be angered at the senseless violence.
But, rejoicing that Bin Laden is dead is also a healthy human emotion.
This man will never master mind another attack again; oh sure, another will take his place. But, for every action there is a reaction. For there has to be a yin-yang effect. Good cannot exist without evil and evil cannot exist without good.
Saying to someone that we shouldn't rejoice because someone evil died is wrong. All these emotions is natural, and we want to be 'politically correct' to many times and ignore our true feelings.
So, rejoice, cry, do a dance; it doesn't matter  as long as you are feeling!
Claire